Summer Cocktail Coolers
Keep your cool with our favourite summer cocktails.
The Best Summer Cocktails
Are you searching for refreshing alcoholic drinks? Do you like the idea of sipping homemade summer drinks to enjoy with a lazy lunchtime picnic or fun-packed family barbecue?
When the temperatures rise, we like to keep cool with summer cocktails. And when you need to find the best summer cocktails, fruit liqueurs can offer the ideal base for a range of delicious options.
Read on to find new and inspiring summer cocktail coolers with four of our favourite sunshine cocktails. All incredibly simple to make, and even easier to drink.
4 of the Best Summer Cocktails
Frozen Strawberry Margarita
We always like to celebrate summer with a Frozen Strawberry Margarita. And we always add an extra strawberry hit to the traditional recipe with our Wild Strawberry liqueur.
- 50ml Wild Strawberry Liqueur
- Handful of strawberries
- Cup of ice cubes
- 25ml Tequila
- 25 ml Blood Orange Liqueur
- Juice of a Lime
- Juice of a Lemon
- Teaspoon of sugar
How to make your Frozen Strawberry Margarita
- Blend all the ingredients in a blender (keeping back a little lime juice)
- Dip a margarita glass in a little lime juice and roll into sugar (optional)
- Pour in the margarita
The Maiden's Prayer is like sunshine in a glass. And with a splash of orange juice, it comes with a little virtuous vitamin C. Often made with gin, a Sloe switch adds a fruity twist and a beautiful colour.
How to make your Maiden’s Prayer
- Put all the cocktail ingredients together in an ice-filled cocktail shaker
- Shake together and strain into a chilled martini glass
The Damson Breeze has been a favourite summer cocktail at Wiltshire Liqueur HQ for years now. Light on the alcohol, it works well made in huge jugs, pitchers or cocktail dispensers, and always sneaks a visit at sunny family barbecues. The quantities below are for a jug.
- 100ml Damson liqueur
- 300ml grapefruit juice
- 300ml cranberry juice
- 100ml lemonade
- Fruit – oranges, cherries, limes, apples etc
How to make your Damson Breeze
- Put the Damson Liqueur, grapefruit and cranberry juices into an ice-filled jug
- Gently add the lemonade and chopped-up fruit of choice
This deliciously refreshing summer cocktail conjures up dreams of beach holidays in the sun and warm Mediterranean evenings. A twist on the classic mojito, the Slojito replaces rum and mint for Sloe Gin and basil.
- 50ml Sloe Gin
- 125ml parts soda water
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 10 large basil leaves
- 4 Lime wedges
How to make your Slojito
- Mash 9 of the basil leaves with the lime wedges and sugar in the bottom of a tall glass
- Add ice
- Pour over the Sloe Gin and top up with soda water
- Garnish with a basil leaf and wedge of lime
Find More Cocktail Inspiration
Sloe Gin your thing? Find new ways to use this versatile and surprising cocktail ingredient