Sloe Gin Cocktail Ideas
Find new and inspiring ways to use Sloe Gin: a versatile cocktail ingredient.
Seductive Sloe Gin
Sloe Gin is a seductively sweet, ruby red liqueur. Naturally flavoured with the distinctive autumnal sloe berries, its rich plummy taste offers a tempting twist for cocktail lovers.
Read on to find new and inspiring ways to use this adaptable cocktail ingredient.
Ways to Enjoy Sloe Gin
From a simple twist on a gin and tonic, Sloe Gin is a versatile cocktail ingredient, and there are lots of ways to enjoy it. It can be used to replace gin in a number of well-known cocktails such as a French 75 or Negroni to offer a different dimension and a fruity depth.
TIP: Experiment with flavoured tonics to find your favourite sloe gin and tonic combination. From a subtle lemon to a rhubarb and ginger, the choice is yours.
3 of the Best Sloe Gin Cocktails
Here at Wiltshire Liqueurs, we love to experiment with liqueurs and with its surprising versatility, Sloe Gin is a fabulous addition to many delicious cocktails.
From a twist on traditional cocktails to something totally new, if you want to expand your Sloe Gin repertoire, why not try one of these Sloe Gin Cocktails
An unusual but winning combination, guaranteed to warm up your winter evenings.
- 50ml Sloe Gin
- 200ml Apple Juice
- Cube of unsalted butter
- 1 tsp of brown sugar
- A small handful of raisins
How to make your Sloe Winter
- In a pan, warm the Sloe Gin and apple juice, but don’t allow to boil
- When simmering, add in the butter, raisins and sugar, stirring to dissolve
- Pour into a suitable glass
Recreate the fun of the races with this fruity cocktail.
- 25ml Sloe Gin
- 100ml white rum
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Splash of vanilla syrup
- Handful of redcurrants
How to make your Red Rum
- Mash the Sloe Gin and redcurrants together in the bottom of a cocktail shaker
- Add the rum, lemon juice, vanilla syrup and some ice cubes
- Shake together and strain into 2 chilled glasses of your choice
- Top with ice and a few sprigs of mint
The Charlie Chaplin
A throwback to the 1920s cocktail era and named after the infamous silent movie star.
- 75ml Sloe Gin
- 50ml apricot brandy
- Juice of 1 lime
- 25ml sugar syrup
How to make your Charlie Chaplin
- Put all 4 ingredients in a cocktail shaker with ice
- Strain into 2 glasses of your choice
- Decorate with a twist of orange
Find More Sloe Gin Cocktail Inspiration