Warming Winter Cocktail Ideas
Find the best classic winter cocktails and simple hot winter cocktails to banish the chill and keep you warm
Creating cosy moments with fruity liqueurs
As the colder months roll in, and winter casts its frosty spell, there’s no better time to indulge in warming winter cocktails that bring comfort and cheer. Whether you’re new to the art of mixology or you’re a seasoned bartender looking for fresh inspiration, we’ve got you covered.
In this guide, we’ll be sharing four classic winter cocktails with a unique twist, using Damson Liqueur, Peach Liqueur, Sloe Gin, and Blood Orange Liqueur. Get ready to master simple warming winter cocktails that are both easy to make and delicious.
Damson Liqueur: Damson Hot Toddy
Hot toddies are a winter staple for good reason. They’re soothing, aromatic, and perfect for sipping by the fire. Elevate your classic hot toddy recipe by replacing the traditional whiskey with Damson Liqueur.
- 45 ml Damson Liqueur
- 25 ml honey
- Juice from half a lemon
- 240 ml hot water
- 1 cinnamon stick
- Lemon wheel, for garnish
1. In a heat-resistant mug, combine Damson Liqueur, honey, and lemon juice.
2. Add hot water and stir until honey is dissolved.
3. Add a cinnamon stick and garnish with a lemon wheel.
Peach Liqueur: Spiced Peach Cobbler Martini
Peach cobbler is the epitome of comfort food, but who says you can’t turn it into a drink? This Spiced Peach Cobbler Martini is a dessert in a glass, perfect for winter gatherings.
- 60 ml Peach Liqueur
- 30 ml cinnamon schnapps
- 30 ml vanilla vodka
- Ice cubes
- Cinnamon stick, for garnish
1. In a shaker, combine Peach Liqueur, cinnamon schnapps, and vanilla vodka with ice.
2. Shake well and strain into a martini glass.
3. Garnish with a cinnamon stick.
Blood Orange Liqueur: Blood Orange Mulled Wine
Mulled wine is a winter must-have. Our Blood Orange Mulled Wine takes this traditional favourite to the next level.
- 1 bottle red wine (750 ml)
- 120 ml Blood Orange Liqueur
- 1 orange, sliced
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 4-5 cloves
- 1-2 star anise
- 2-3 tbsp sugar (optional)
1. In a saucepan, combine all ingredients.
2. Simmer on low heat for 15-20 minutes, ensuring it doesn’t boil.
3. Strain and serve warm in mugs or heat-resistant glasses.
Sloe Gin: Winter Sloe Negroni
The Negroni is a cocktail that exudes sophistication, and when you incorporate Sloe Gin, you get a wintery version that is the epitome of comfort. This Winter Sloe Negroni is smooth, bittersweet, and absolutely warming—making it a perfect addition to your classic winter cocktails list.
- 45 ml Sloe Gin
- 25 ml Campari
- 25 ml Sweet Vermouth
- Ice cubes
- Orange twist, for garnish
1. Add Sloe Gin, Campari, and Sweet Vermouth into a mixing glass filled with ice.
2. Stir well until the mixture is chilled, approximately 20-30 seconds.
3. Strain into a rocks glass filled with ice.
4. Garnish with an orange twist.
5. Enjoy this modern take on the Negroni, a standout in our list of simple warming winter cocktails.
Whether you’re a novice looking for warming winter cocktails easy enough to whip up at home, or you’re a cocktail connoisseur seeking new recipes, these classic winter cocktails are sure to satisfy. Cheers to a cosy, fruit packed winter