The caramel was just too good.
We ADORED the Christmas Cream Liqueur Caramel from last months millionaires shortbread – so much so we had to use it again! This time for a twist on bread and butter pudding.
Here is the recipe if you fancy a try. Use any sweetened bread as the base – we used hot cross buns and a chocolate chip panettone. Brioche would work just as well, perhaps with a pinch or 2 of nutmeg or cinnamon and some chocolate chips.
- 200g sweetened bread (we used chocolate chip panettone and hot crust buns but brioche or stale cakes would also work)
- 250ml semi-skimmed milk
- 250ml single cream
- 2 eggs
- 45g butter
- 100g condensed milk
- 30g golden syrup
- 50ml Christmas Cream Liqueur
- Slice the sweet bread and layer into a dish
- Mix together 250ml semi-skimmed milk, 250ml single cream and 2 eggs
- Pour the mixture over the panettone and hot cross buns and set aside
- In a saucepan gently heat 45g butter, 100g condensed milk, 30g golden syrup and 50ml Christmas Cream Liqueur
- Bring to the boil stirring continuously.
- Simmer and stir until the caramel thickens. Set aside to cool slightly.
- Pour the caramel over the sweet bread and custard base
- Pop into a preheated oven at 180°C and bake for 30-40mins until the caramel begins to bubble.
- Cool, sprinkle with a few decorations, serve with ice cream and enjoy
Fancy a Few More Sweet Treats?